All accommodation is allocated specifically to those refugees that the UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) has identified as being the most vulnerable and in urgent need of resettlement.
- We source housing through working with private landlords, media outlets and churches.
- Once we have sourced potential housing it is then checked by the relevant Local Authorities.
- The County Councils then work directly with the Home Office to allocate a suitable Syrian refugee family currently on the UNHCR list for the property.
- All refugees that RRN helps are pre-vetted by both the UNHCR and the UK Government. It is the responsibility of Local Authorities and from 2015 to 2017 the British Red Cross provided protection to the incoming families. As of March 1st 2018, Two Saints will take over this role from the British Red Cross.
- Appropriately trained and vetted members of the RRN team have contact with the refugees themselves, through provision of English language tuition and other be-friending and integration support.
- Any member of the team who does have contact will have been a) DBS checked and b) have been appropriately trained by the British Red Cross.